How do I know I have Mold? Signs you have mold in your house
- Strange musty smell in house
- You don't smoke but you can't stop coughing
- Visible mold stains on walls
- Chronic fatique
- Chronic throat infections
- Chronic sinusitis
- Chronic muscle pain
- Seasonal allergies are much worse than normal
- You have asthma and asthma condition is becoming worse
- unexplainable weird rashes, hives on your skin for long periods
- you are forgetful, suffers from brain fog, mentally fatigued
- increase in anxiety and paranoia - due to increased inflamation in brain
- perpetual eye irritation
Mold appears naturally in nature and we breathe in tiny black mold spores and their gasses every day. Mold only become a problem if mold spores are in an overabundance. Some people are severely affected by mold spore pollution and has to visit their doctor and in serious cases they land up in hospital. Why does this happen?
Its the poor indoor air quality inside our buildings that contains Mold and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's) that make us ill. Mostly we are unaware that the poor air quality in our homes, offices and schools that is the cause off ill health. The World Health Organization (WHO) states that the air inside most buildings today are 6x more polluted than the outdoor air. Buildings with damp and poor ventilation suffers the most. Understanding poor indoor air quality and what it is made off is essential. Testing these buildings is becoming a priority to achieve good healthy living conditions.
The objective of our inspections is to establish if the house or office is habitable for human beings, if the building contains too many microscopic particles in the air and if the building is toxic. Read More
Indoor air quality has deteriorated. People spend around 90% of their time indoors and are being affected by poor indoor air quality. There are two types of indoor air pollution that Mold Detection SA investigates:
- VOC's - Volatile Organic Compounds - VOCs can be found in a long list of common household products including cleaning products, cosmetics, perfumes, furniture, curtains, paints, varnishes, paint removers, building materials, glues, adhesives and office equipment such as printers and copiers.
- Biological Pollutants:- Mold, pollen, bacteria, yeast
Both the above type of Indoor Air Pollutants can affect human health severely. Mold Detection SA does 4 types of testing to determine the quality of air that you breathe.
Mold & Health
Hundreds of thousands of people get infected by it every year and most of the times doctors misdiagnosed this illness due to mold having the same symptoms as flu, sinusitis, asthma, pneumonia, etc. The worst part is that highly sensitized people die from mold. Read more