Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Indoor air pollutants, mostly Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's) and Mold, can cause your body to be waging a constant war against inflammation. This constant war causes you to be tired (feels you never slept last night), it can cause uncontrolled fits of coughing and other symptoms. Mold Detection SA can test the air inside your building/house to see how polluted the air is.
Volatile Organic Compounds
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are chemicals used in most products that can easily evaporate into the air we breathe and affect indoor air quality. Volatile organic compounds are chemicals used to manufacture and maintain building materials, interior furnishing, cleaning products and personal care products. "Volatile" means that these chemicals evaporate or can easily get into the air at room temperature. "Organic" means these chemicals are carbon based. The term "chemical emissions" refers to VOCs as they evaporate into the air from products.
Biological contaminants include bacteria, viruses, animal dander and cat saliva, house dust, mites, cockroaches, and pollen. There are many sources of these pollutants. By controlling the relative humidity level in a home, the growth of some sources of biologicals can be minimized. A relative humidity of 30-50 percent is generally recommended for homes. Damp issues in buildings, waterproofing problems, standing water, water-damaged materials or wet surfaces also serve as a breeding ground for mold, mildew, bacteria and insects. House dust mites, the source of one of the most powerful biological allergens, grow in damp, warm environments.
Indoor air pollution can cause major health problems. People who may be exposed to indoor air pollutants for the longest periods of time — children, elderly adults, and people with chronic illnesses — are often those most vulnerable to the effects of indoor air pollution.
Not everybody gets affected by poor IAQ. Some people are more sensitive than others, it is the people that are more sensitive that lands up in hospital
Headache, dizziness, nausea, eye, nose or throat irritation, dry cough, dry or itching skin, difficulty in concentration, fatigue, sensitivity to odours, hoarseness of voice, allergies, cold, flu-like symptoms, increased incidence of asthma attacks and personality changes.
Most of the complainants report relief soon after leaving the building, although lingering effects of neurotoxins can occur.
Solution to poor IAQ
Mold Detection SA does mold and IAQ inspections. Contact us today for assistance.
- Reduce Air Pollution:- Install Air Purifiers fitted with Hepa and Carbon Activated air filters. These air purifiers will remove the toxic soup you are breathing from the air. Read more.
- The Hepa Filter removes biological contaminants like mold spores, pollen, pet dander and dust mites. This filter does not remove the small chemical particles.
- The activated Carbon Filter removes microscopically small air born chemical contaminants like VOC's
- Reduce humidity: By using Dehumidifiers humidity levels can be reduced to below 50%, most biological contaminants like, mold, bacteria & house mites can not survive in a low humidity environment.
- Fix the damp problem: Chemicals, mold, dust mites and bacteria loves damp houses.
Numerous clients of Mold Detection SA have used the award winning Solenco product range to reduce poor indoor air quality. Mold Detection SA has as such negotiated a 5% discount with Solenco for customers wanting to buy products to reduce Poor indoor Air quality. You may use the following code MDSA5 to receive a 5% discount when purchasing direct from Solenco. Click on the adjacent link to go to their pages for:
- Dehumidifiers: https://www.solencosa.co.za/shop-online/remove-moisture-from-your-environment.
- Air Purifiers: https://www.solencosa.co.za/shop-online/clean-the-air-you-breathe